Renovation of an old car port into a modern studio
Location: Grimscote, Northamptonshire
Property Type: Car Port
Project: Convert Car Port to Studio
- Install dpm and screed to floor
- Externally, brick up walls to enclose space installing new windows and door and fit air dried oak shiplap boarding to outer
- Internally, batten walls, plasterboard and skim finish
- Board over and insulate vaulted ceiling and install Velux windows
- Stud partitioning to create new shower room, fitting out with new sanitaryware and wall tiling
- Install new kitchen
- All associated pipework, drainage and electrical works
- Full decoration
Our client based in Northamptonshire appointed us to renovate an old car port into a modern studio.
Our full range of building services were utilised to produce a high quality finish to the studio which featured a built in kitchen and separate shower room.
The exposed timbers to the vaulted ceiling and brickwork walls were boarded over and skimmed with Velux windows being installed to make a light and airy space.
Externally treated timber studwork was installed between the existing oak posts of the car port with air dried oak shiplap boarding to finish and enclose the new space. We installed new drainage pipework connected to the client’s existing service in order to service the new shower room and kitchen.
Why DJ Hutchings?
Got a project in mind?
Let’s talk. Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you!