Impact damage repairs
Property Type: Listed
Project: Impact Damage Repair
- Protect and strip out damaged area of property internally
- Remove damaged plaster and lath to expose timber frame
- Install new timber uprights and new laths
- Apply horsehair/lime plaster render to new laths
- Repair damaged alcove and fit new shelving
- Decorate complete Living room using eco-friendly paints.
- Externally – rebuild damaged section of wall using salvaged and reclaimed bricks
- Repointing to all cracking
- Professionally clean on completion
DJ Hutchings & Sons Ltd were appointed by the surveyors Gately Smithers Purslow to carry out the impact damage repairs suffered at this semi-detached listed building in Hertfordshire.
As in many period properties the affected internal wall was constructed in lath and plaster and our skilled trades used this traditional technique to rebuild the wall.
Horsehair lime plaster/render was applied over the laths and the walls were finished in Little Green Paint company Eco-friendly Heritage paint.
Why DJ Hutchings?
Got a project in mind?
Let’s talk. Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you!